Sunday, July 31, 2011

Patiently Waiting, Mind. Blown.

This morning I woke up and listened to a podcast from Convergence instead of going to a local church. The sermon was on Acts 1:1-10 (the week before the John series started), and I feel so blessed after hearing it. These are some of the things Bobby said that resonated with me:

-Waiting actively instead of waiting passively
-Waiting for Holy Spirit to come and patiently waiting for God to do something in you
-God is telling me He wants me to be patient
-How long will I wait for God before I melt my gold to create a golden calf?
-The Israelites created the golden calf because they worshipped what was familiar to them when they became impatient/didn't know how to wait! How have I done the same?

WOW. I see. When I felt stuck, everything that I thought I knew about how to follow Jesus took precedence over depending on the Holy Spirit! I am convinced now more than ever that God speaks to His people! His timing IS perfect because I wouldn't have understood the sermon when it was shared seven weeks ago. God, only You knew how much I needed to hear this. Oh man, I'm at a loss for words right now...

Lord, I'm patiently waiting for Your Spirit to do something in me - to change my heart and mind to focus on You and You alone. I won't worry about what I can do to make this happen, because Your power exceeds my own and You tell me to wait for Your arrival. You tell me it will happen, so I will trust you and wait.  I can see that You're already beginning to answer my prayers. Baptize me with the Holy Spirit and re-humanize me. Lord, You are prominent in my life, but I want you to be preeminent. Teach me how to let go of control and how to truly follow You. Holy Spirit, do what only You can do in me and through me.

God, You are SO GOOD and faithful right now. Actually, I take that back - You're always so good and faithful and I believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment